Top 5 BEST Crypto Exchanges In 2023
There are many cryptocurrencies to invest in and gain profit. Moreover, we even have convenient tools, like ICOholder, to learn more about each virtual asset. But where to buy crypto tokens and coins? We have prepared a list of the best exchange and trade platforms.
How Do Crypto Exchanges Operate?
Crypto exchanges connect buyers and sellers. You must first register to purchase and sell crypto. Once users are verified through the KYC procedure (know-your-customer), they can start trading coins. KYC is a standard procedure, there is nothing to worry about. Reliable exchanges use KYC to ensure their platforms aren’t used by criminals. It requires users to scan their identification documents. It takes around 10 minutes to get verified.
Most exchanges are categorized as centralized (CEX) and decentralized (DEX). Here’s what you should know:
- CEX is a third-party (referred to as an exchange operator) crypto exchange, which helps to guarantee that clients sign up and trade goes successfully. These services allow it quick and simple to link your bank account or debit card to purchase cryptocurrency. Several centralized exchanges allow investors to purchase and sell digital assets using fiat cash and other cryptocurrencies.
- DEX doesn’t rely on the middleman. Blockchain and virtual money overall were created with the premise that a central authority should not govern currency. A decentralized cryptocurrency exchange, or DEX, is open source and relies on peer-to-peer (P2P) trading. DEXs are also more difficult to use than centralized exchanges since they demand greater technical skills and knowledge of how blockchains work.
We include centralized exchange and trade platforms on our list since they are more convenient to get started with crypto transactions.
Top Exchanges To Use In 2023
Now that you understand how crypto exchanges operate let’s check out the best apps and platforms to use in 2023.
Crypto.com was established in 2016. It was first known as “Monaco.” Its creators were upset that very few shops accepted cryptocurrencies. They wished to provide a link between the future crypto payment system that they anticipated and the present legacy debit card system that the majority of people still utilize.
Thus, the cryptocurrency exchange linked coins to a debit card, offering cash-back benefits. Today, it’s called Crypto.com, and it’s one of the largest exchanges in the world. It’s one of the top choices even despite not offering the lowest fees compared to other platforms.
One of the reasons why people prefer Crypto.com is its safety. As of today, Crypto.com haven’t been hacked. It is because the platform stores most, if not all, of its crypto assets on cold wallets, which are not connected to the Internet. Thus, hackers have no way of stealing virtual money.
The benefits of the platform include the following:
- Low fees, around 0.4% or less (but per trade).
- Debit card for spending crypto.
- More than 150 virtual coins and tokens to buy.
The drawbacks include the following:
- It has no crypto-for-crypto trade options. Thus, you must sell one crypto asset and then buy another coin.
Overall, Crypto.com is a decent choice. The platform operates legally in dozens of countries.
Gemini is one of those amazing platforms that suit the needs of beginners and professional traders. On the one hand, it has a user-friendly interface and educational materials to help you get started. On the other hand, it has professional trading tools that help investors get the most out of their investments.
The default trading interface on Gemini is simple to use and provides more than enough functionality for most investors to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. Gemini ActiveTrader, a high-performance crypto trading tool meant for experienced investors, is also available on the exchange.
Moreover, it has one interesting feature that makes Geminy stand out from the crowd: Gemini Earn. It is one of the most significant benefits of the Gemini exchange over most of its rivals. You may earn income on your idle bitcoin holdings with this lending scheme.
You may lend a variety of cryptocurrencies through Gemini Earn, including stablecoins, which are meant to keep a continuous value. In addition, the program offers attractive interest rates.
The pros of the platform include the following:
- It has hundreds of safe currencies to invest in and enjoy its perks.
- Suitable for beginners due to its user-friendly interface.
- Enables its clients to earn interest on crypto balances (like in regular banks, but in crypto).
- A mobile app is available.
The cons of the app include the following:
- The fees can stack, and trades may become too expensive.
Gemini is often the first choice of crypto fans. It’s a safe platform that stores the majority of its assets in cold wallets. Thus, you can consider using this platform.
Binance needs no introduction, as it’s one of the world’s largest and most popular exchanges! It is suitable for beginners and experts in crypto. It has minimal trading fees and many virtual tokens to trade internationally. However, Binance Global is limited in the U.S. Instead, U.S. citizens use Binance.us.
Binance provides a great range of trading options via its desktop and mobile app. The range of tools includes various market charts and valuable tools. Customers may also access a number of trading alternatives, including futures and margin trading.
Nevertheless, many services and functionalities are unavailable in the U.S., with just 150 cryptocurrencies. Binance provides a complete learning platform, an NFT platform, and other services.
The pros include the following:
- Hundreds of tradable virtual currencies (only 150 for U.S. citizens).
- Low fees.
- A big selection of trading tools and types (futures, margin trade, etc.).
The cons include the following:
- The U.S. version is limited compared to the Global one.
Binance is a worthy choice since you can easily hop on the crypto boat!
Kraken is an exchange where users can buy and sell BTC, ETH, ADA, SOL, etc. It offers over 200 different currencies for purchase, sale, and trading at reasonable exchange rates.
It distinguishes itself by offering both spot trading at current market prices and bitcoin futures. Kraken may be the best solution for more experienced investors who want to cut expenses when completing trades. As most people understand, trading fees tend to accumulate. As a result, instead of gaining a small, yet stable income, traders have too many expenses.
Kraken users may trade more than 100 crypto trading pairings. Its entry-level trading rates are in the center of the pack, while its Kraken Pro service costs are among the lowest.
The pros of the service include the following:
- Big range of virtual assets.
- Low fees for pro traders (via Kraken Pro).
The cons are as follows:
- Not available in all U.S. states.
Kraken is more suitable for professional traders as it features lower trade fees.
PrimeXBT is a technologically advanced cryptocurrency exchange with convenient tools and materials for beginners and experienced traders. PrimeXBT offers some of the most interesting trade options besides offering an exchange marketplace.
For instance, using PrimeXBT’s fully configurable and sophisticated trading platform, members may start trading more than 30 assets with leverage. Such a tool enables users to get significant profits.
The marketplace delivers real-time market data and a comprehensive range of trading instruments for logical and timely decisions. Moreover, PrimeXBT ensures security and liquidity (high volume of trades), allowing everyone to trade within a secure and efficient environment.
The benefits of the exchange include:
- Leverage and high-volume trading.
- Margin trading.
- Convenient tools, including charts and stop loss orders.
The drawbacks include the following:
- Lack of educational materials.
PrimeXBT has relatively low fees and convenient tools for you to consider as an option. Overall, it has things to improve, but it’s a worthy choice.